Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pork Tenderloin, Chipotle Chicken, and Gyu-Kaku

I got a little behind in my updates. Got busy with a few knitting projects and then it was my birthday. So here's a brief recap of the past few dinners.

Sunday - Tran cooked Maple-Glazed pork tenderloin with Almond Broccoli. It was really good. Pork was cooked well and tasted sweet without being too sweet. We finally got to use the maple syrup that we bought in Vermont.




Monday - I cooked Chipotle Chicken topped with avocado and lime served with rice. I got the 20-minute Simmering Sauce from Williams Sonoma. It was actually really good. A little spicy, but not too much. The avocado and lime was a great compliment to the dish. Definitely am going to make it again.



Tuesday - It was my birthday and I wanted to go back to Sagami-Tei and eat at their teppen bar, but they were already serving another party. Next time, I'm making a reservation. So we went to Gyu-Kaku in Huntington Beach. My family had been there before a few years back and remembered that it was good. With the new diet, I had to bring my own tamari soy sauce and the waiter checked if any of the marinades had wheat in them. He said that all the food that we ordered was wheat free! It was so good and it didn't hurt that we made it in time for the end of happy hour. Thanks Tran for treating the Family out for my birthday!

So much yummy food!!!!

And then it's gone.....

And then it's gone....

So it's been a great few of g-free days. Holding strong.....

No comments:

Post a Comment